"Upstream bandwidth demand continues to intensify, as more people work from home and participate in distance learning," said
"We're excited to continue our work to evolve 10G technologies as we begin our efforts to extend those benefits to customers, and we value the important work Harmonic has done to support those efforts," said
With Harmonic's new CableOS Ripple+ network edge platform, cable operators can:
- Deliver upstream and downstream bandwidth up to full spectrum without changing installed DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems or STBs;
- Implement any HFC spectrum split and node configuration, including 2x4 segmentation, spanning traditional node placement to fiber deep, with unified network edge hardware;
- Seamlessly evolve from traditional HFC architectures to fiber-deep to fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) PON deployments through simple module reconfigurations of the unified edge platform;
- Ensure uninterrupted distributed edge platform operation during power outages; and
- Solve backbone capacity bottlenecks and address time sensitive applications with new deep edge compute capability.
Harmonic will showcase its expanding CableOS solution at the virtual SCTE•ISBE Cable-Tec Expo,
Harmonic's market-leading CableOS solution powers more than 2 million cable modems for a growing number of innovative cable operators worldwide. Further information about Harmonic and the company's solutions is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Statements concerning Harmonic's business and the anticipated capabilities, advantages, reliability, efficiency, market acceptance, market growth, specifications and benefits of Harmonic products, services and technology are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on our current expectations and beliefs and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the risks and uncertainties more fully described in Harmonic's filings with the
Harmonic, the Harmonic logo and other Harmonic marks are owned by
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harmonic-introduces-groundbreaking-gigabit-upstream-solution-for-cable-operators-301149801.html
Sarah Kavanagh, Public Relations, +1 408.490.6607, email@example.com ; David Hanover, KCSA Strategic Communications , Investor Relations, +1 212-896-1220, firstname.lastname@example.org