Harmonic Brings Cutting-Edge AI Innovations to IBC2023
Strategic Integrations with Microsoft OpenAI Service, Mirriad, Spideo, Leankr, and Kebula Drive AI-Augmented Video Streaming
"Harmonic continues to advance AI innovation, thanks to our strong partnerships across our VOS video streaming ecosystem," said
At IBC2023, Harmonic will showcase AI solutions stemming from its collaborations with industry-leading partners, including:
- Personalized live sports and increased fan engagement with Microsoft: Continuing to lead the industry in enabling innovative live sports streaming experiences with VOS®360 Media SaaS, Harmonic is integrating Microsoft Azure OpenAI Service as part of a technology demonstration. The integration enhances fan engagement in real time through personalized sports highlights, live transcripts and more, revolutionizing the way users engage with live sports content.
- Automated ad break insertion with Leankr: A new integration between the Leankr Ignifai AI platform and Harmonic's VOS360 Media SaaS enables video service providers to accurately position ads in VOD content in the absence of specific triggers. The automated solution simplifies ad inventory creation while ensuring a smooth viewing experience.
- Automated clip extraction with Kebula: Harmonic is collaborating with Kebula on a cutting-edge solution that utilizes AI algorithms to analyze live soccer content in real time. This dynamic solution empowers video service providers to create sports highlights (e.g., goals, cards, saves, misses, etc.) quickly and automatically, enhancing viewer engagement through relevant and captivating content.
- Virtual product placement with Mirriad: Harmonic's continued collaboration with Mirriad focuses on dynamic brand insertion for VOD and linear channel playout workflows. Leveraging VOS360 Ad and AI, this sophisticated solution streamlines targeted brand insertion, optimizing advertising efficiency for linear channels without disrupting viewers.
- FAST automated scheduling with Spideo: Harmonic's VOS360 Media SaaS is seamlessly integrated with Spideo's recommendation engine, enabling video service providers to create playlists automatically based on content themes, targeted demographics, and optimal ad inventory per hour. Driven by AI, this joint solution can efficiently identify and schedule relevant assets into a FAST channel.
Harmonic's extensive experience in AI technology is exemplified by its Emmy Award-winning EyeQ technology, a part of VOS360 Media SaaS. This technology empowers service providers to achieve up to a 50% reduction in storage and CDN requirements, resulting in lower costs, reduced buffering times, and enhanced video quality – all driven by the power of AI.
In addition to showcasing AI-enhanced solution offerings, Harmonic's
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), the worldwide leader in virtualized broadband and video delivery solutions, enables media companies and service providers to deliver ultra-high-quality video streaming and broadcast services to consumers globally. The company revolutionized broadband networking via the industry's first virtualized broadband solution, enabling cable operators to more flexibly deploy gigabit internet service to consumers' homes and mobile devices. Whether simplifying OTT video delivery via innovative cloud and software platforms, or powering the delivery of gigabit internet cable services, Harmonic is changing the way media companies and service providers monetize live and on-demand content on every screen. More information is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Statements concerning Harmonic's business and the anticipated capabilities, advantages, reliability, efficiency, market acceptance, market growth, specifications and benefits of Harmonic products, services and technology are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on our current expectations and beliefs and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the risks and uncertainties more fully described in Harmonic's filings with the
Harmonic, the Harmonic logo and other Harmonic marks are owned by
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harmonic-brings-cutting-edge-ai-innovations-to-ibc2023-301927472.html
CONTACTS: Sarah Kavanagh, Public Relations, +1 408-490-6607, firstname.lastname@example.org, David Hanover, KCSA Strategic Communications, Investor Relations, +1 212-896-1220, email@example.com