"The rapid evolution of cloud technology is ushering in a broad range of innovation in the media industry for both streaming and traditional broadcast applications," said Shahar Bar, senior vice president, video products and corporate development, at Harmonic. "With this summer release for VOS SaaS and cloud-native software, Harmonic continues to drive forward innovation, helping our customers achieve unparalleled efficiency, flexibility and reliability when they pivot to cloud-native environments both on public and private clouds."
VOS360 Live Streaming Platform:
- New seamless 1+1 geo-redundancy capabilities, ensuring uninterrupted streaming.
- Effectively manage peak viewing by utilizing multi-CDN and caching capabilities.
- Support for Google Ad Manager and FreeWheel ad management platforms.
- Reduce latency with Apple Low-Latency HLS protocol support.
VOS360 Channel Origination & Distribution Platform:
- Reduce infrastructure costs with the world's first statmux support in the cloud.
- Simplify cloud playout workflows utilizing new partnerships for traffic management and playout automation, including partners
Aveco, Crispin/Sony and Florical.
- Realize performance boost and density gains with Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors.
- Achieve higher CPU savings via a range of video-quality encoding configurations.
- Deploy broadcast statmux capabilities and CAS vendor integrations on the same stack.
Harmonic's VOS cloud offerings power millions of simultaneous streams, thousands of live channels and countless VOD requests.
To learn more about the new VOS SaaS summer release, customers are invited to join Harmonic for a live webinar on
Further information about Harmonic and the company's solutions is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Statements concerning Harmonic's business and the anticipated capabilities, advantages, reliability, efficiency, market acceptance, market growth, specifications and benefits of Harmonic products, services and technology are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on our current expectations and beliefs and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the risks and uncertainties more fully described in Harmonic's filings with the
Harmonic, the Harmonic logo and other Harmonic marks are owned by
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harmonic-announces-powerful-innovations-for-its-vos-saas-summer-2020-release-301081704.html
Sarah Kavanagh, Public Relations, +1 408.490.6607, firstname.lastname@example.org; Michael Smiley, Investor Relations, +1 408.490.6176, email@example.com