"Global video consumption is at an all-time high, and broadcasters, content owners and service providers are under pressure to respond to the surge in OTT video, launch new services with fast time-to-market, and migrate to new media environments like IP video and ATSC 3.0. With a portfolio of agile and innovative solutions deployed by a global base of satisfied customers, Harmonic is committed to solving real-world challenges," said
At the 2018 NAB Show, Harmonic will address the challenges in OTT video delivery with targeted innovations:
- Harmonic will highlight its award-winning VOS™ media processing family including the new VOS SW Cluster media processing software and VOS 360 media processing SaaS. VOS SW Cluster embeds market-leading media processing capabilities with support for cloud and bare metal compute environments enabling operators to launch OTT services quickly.
- Harmonic offers streamlined OTT video delivery through cloud-based channel origination on VOS 360 SaaS, enabling operators to swiftly migrate channels from playout to end-user delivery for greater flexibility and a lower cost-per-channel.
- Harmonic will also showcase live sports for OTT, delivered with reduced latency matching that of live broadcast, in stunning UHD and HDR using VOS 360 SaaS.
- With the VOS family, operators can deploy EyeQ™ content-aware encoding to reduce bandwidth requirements for OTT delivery, decrease CDN costs and improve QoE. At the 2018 NAB Show Harmonic will premiere EyeQ support for HEVC.
Get the Most Out of ATSC 3.0 With Advanced Statmux and Hybrid OTA/OTT services
Harmonic's expertise in statistical multiplexing will play a key role in providing high-quality ATSC 3.0 streams at low bitrates. At the 2018 NAB Show, Harmonic will showcase its software-based Electra™ X ATSC 3.0 media processor and statistical multiplexing solution to deliver high-quality HEVC programs over DASH. For OTT services to complement over-the-air (OTA) transmissions, Electra X connects to Harmonic's VOS 360 SaaS to enable hybrid OTA/OTT services.
New Possibilities for All-IP Workflows
In the IP Showcase, sponsored by AIMS, in booth C12634, Harmonic will highlight the Spectrum™ X media server as part of an end-to-end IP video workflow from contribution to delivery, using the SMPTE ST 2110 suite of standards, SMPTE 2022-7 seamless protection switching and AWMA IS-04 and IS-05 specifications. The Electra media processor and Spectrum X server fill the final gap for uncompressed workflows and control with support for uncompressed and compressed streams, enabling a smooth transition for live broadcast and OTT.
Looking Ahead at Next-Gen Video Codecs and Content-Aware Encoding
Artificial intelligence (AI) technologies have become a key innovation factor to optimize the video encoding process. Leveraging AI in the development of next-generation video codecs and content-aware encoding (CEA), Harmonic is leading the charge toward delivering better video quality at low bitrates. The company will provide a valuable side-by-side comparison of codec efficiency between HEVC, AVC with Harmonic EyeQ CAE technology, AV-1 and JVET.
In addition to showcasing its innovative technologies, Harmonic will also contribute expertise through technology presentations:
- Thierry Fautier, vice president of video strategy at Harmonic and president of the
Ultra HD Forumwill present a "UHD Worldwide Service Deployment Update" at the Global UHD Conferencein Las Vegason April 7from 11:20 to 11:40 a.m.in room N253 of the Las Vegas Convention Center(LVCC).
- Fautier will also participate in a panel discussion on HEVC and AV1 on
April 11from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m.during the NAB Streaming Summit.
- Jean Macher, director of market development at Harmonic will examine "Simplifying OTT Video Delivery with SCTE-224" at the Broadcast Engineering and Information Technology Conference (BEITC) on
April 12from 9: 00 to 9:20 a.m.in room N255 of the LVCC.
Harmonic will showcase its video delivery innovations at the 2018 NAB Show,
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Statements concerning Harmonic's business and the anticipated capabilities, advantages, reliability, efficiency, market acceptance, market growth, specifications and benefits of Harmonic products, services and technology are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on our current expectations and beliefs and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the risks and uncertainties more fully described in Harmonic's filings with the
Harmonic, the Harmonic logo and other Harmonic marks are owned by
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harmonic-sets-the-benchmark-for-ott-delivery-and-next-gen-tv-at-2018-nab-show-300622896.html
Sarah Kavanagh, Senior Public Relations Manager, Harmonic, +1.408.490.6607, email@example.com